U13 Select Tryouts for the 2019-2020 Season
Level 1 - Alvernia Sports Complex
The mission of Mifflin Select is to provide the areas top talent with a premier playing experience without paying the premier club rates. The team's focus will be developing a more dynamic skill set and experiencing a higher level of competition through practice and games lead by coaches with premier club level experience.
EXCITING UPDATES and CHANGES:
- We have had positive feedback and are now offering a U13 ('07) Boys team.
- This fall our team will be partnering with the Philadelphia Union. Our team will be part of their Youth Development Affiliate Program. We will have a Union trainer out 1 time per week to work with our coaches and train our boys. They will provide elite level training at these practices.
- Coming this summer and NEW to Berks County is the Berks United FC Elite Training Team. Top players from across the county will be invited to participate in ID training sessions throughout the summer. From these training sessions players will be evaluated and then invited to play on the Berks United Elite Training Team. The area's top coaches will work with these athletes. Berks United Elite is a secondary team that will compete in at least one summer and one fall tournament and play under Berks United FC. These athletes will also train together in the winter. This is an invite only program. Players who make Mifflin Select will automatically be invited to participate in the ID training sessions.
- Free open try outs will be held Wednesday, May 15th and/or Wednesday, May 22nd from 6:00pm-7:00pm at Alvernia, Level 1. Players are encouraged to attend both, but only 1 is required.
- Players must pre-register - See "Pre-Register" link below.
- You must be in 2007 or 2008 to be eligible
- There will only be 16 rosters spots available in order to provide ample playing time
- Professional coaches
- Team will also play in regional tournaments TBD
- Practices will be held at Alvernia Complex. Days and times TBD
- This is an OPEN team, so it is open to all age relevant boys in the county
- Costs for the year will be announced shortly; paid in installments. Includes Fall, Winter, and Spring training. Indoor field usage, as well as training by Union trainers. Uniform purchase is separate.
- Season will run from August 12, 2019 - May 22, 2020.
Note: This team is an higher level alternative to the current travel program that is also being offered in the fall from the GMSC. You MUST tryout and be accepted to be a part of this team! The GMSC has other rec offerings for boys that do not make this team or choose to tryout for it.